How our Toxic World Affects our Mental Health
June 3 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm CDT
How our toxic world affects our mental health
Trainer: Dr. Jacob Roland, DC
- This event is will offer CEU credits totaling 1.5 hours for LPCs, LCSWs, LMFTs
- If you are a Psychotherapy Saint Louis member this training is free; please be sure you are logged in when registering.
- What is an environmental toxin/biotoxin?
- What are the most common environmental toxins?
- How to environmental toxins affect our mental health?
- What does a toxic overload look like clinically?
- Discuss the partnership between Functional Medicine Physicians and mental health professionals.
- Become aware of the many dangerous toxins in our environment.
- Understand how environmental toxins affect our mental health.
- Be able to explain to a patient how toxins could be what is causing their symptoms.
- Learn how to co-treat effectively with a Functional Medicine Physician to improve clinical results with your patience.
About the Trainer: Dr. Jake Roland, DC
Dr. Jacob Roland, aka “Dr. Jake,” is a former Aerospace Med Tech for the U.S. Navy and is currently helping patients worldwide as a Doctor of Natural Medicine and Functional Medicine Practitioner. Dr. Jake is also a Doctor of Chiropractic as well.
– He received his certification in diagnosing and treating chronic mold illness from mold expert Dr. Jill Crista.
– Member of the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness.
– Member of the Gastroenterology Association for Naturopathic Physicians.
Specializing in Functional Medicine, Dr. Jake is passionate about helping patients struggling with weight gain, fatigue, depression, gastrointestinal symptoms, environmentally acquired illnesses, and hormone imbalances. His passion for helping these patients stems from his struggle with chronic mold illness and chronic fatigue. Dr. Jake practices with his wife, Dr. Natalie, at Roland Functional Medicine in Ballwin, MO. They operate a mostly virtual practice, seeing patients locally and all over the world. Dr. Jake has extensive training and experience in helping patients with a wide array of conditions such as autoimmune diseases, heavy metal toxicity, chronic mold illness, Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome/CIRS, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, viral/bacterial infections, depression, anxiety, diabetes, etc.